Monday, January 28, 2013

Infographic Storyboard


Purpose / Goal: Introduction to soccer game                     Name:Remzi Kizilboga
Type of Infographic: Depiction                                                Date: January 27, 2013 
Title: Who plays what in soccer game?

Narrative Description of Content:

This infographic is designed to introduce soccer game players’ roles according to their positions.

1.What is soccer?
In this part, I am going to provide information about the history and a brief explanation of soccer game (historyofsoccer.info and wikipedia)
a.Soccer game started in England.
b.At first, the main goal was to carry the ball to a certain target point.
c.Two different teams, involving 11 players, played against each other.
d.Generally, each game takes 90 minutes and additional time.

2. What are the positions? (wikipedia)

Goalkeeper (GK), defender (DF), center-back (CB), sweeper/libero (SW), right-back (RB), left-back (LB), right-wingbacks (RWB), left-wingbacks (LWB), midfielder (MF, AM, CM, RM, or LM), forward (RF, LF, or CF), second striker (SS), winger (RW or LW).

3. Positional systems

In this part, I will explain some different combination of positions in terms of the team’s playing  mentality.
4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-2-4, etc.

4. Examples

Examples of top players for each position.

Narrative Description of Design and / or Sketches of the Functional Areas:

The message will be design on a depiction of soccer field. Soccer filed color will be green. The primary color on the green field will be white to help readers to read easily. Each position for players will be represented by initials and maybe picture of player examples. 




2 comments:

  1. Remzi,

    Your storyboard looks really good. I think this will be a very interesting info graphic, especially because many American sports fans aren't as familiar with soccer. It's hard to tell from the wire frame you put on the blog but I think you may need to increase the dimensions of the info graphic in order to include all the info you're planning to provide. Also, you probably caught this already but in case you didn't, the title should read "Who Plays What in a Soccer Game?" - you left out the "a" on the blog. Good luck with completing the info graphic!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    Thanks a lot for your comment and recommendations. Actually, when I discussed about my topic in the class last week, I decided to focus only on the players' positions and a brief information about their roles. I will also add some brief information about soccer game, such as how many player play in a game and how long does a game take? I hope I will create a good infograhic.

    Best,

    Remzi

    ReplyDelete