Thursday, January 17, 2013

Infographics Principles

Before I attended the class on Monday, I didn't know how an infographic can be important. I was thinking that infographics were only kind of design products in terms of people's perspectives. However, during the class and after the class, I figured out that infographics are very important design products because they have  principles and rules. Different infographics which were brought into class by my classmates and Dr. Glazewski, and Dr. Appelman's presentation helped me to understand the importance of designing an infographic. Also, after this week's class, I think infographics principles should be as follows:


  • The information embedded into infographics should be relevant to purpose of designer for the infographics. 
  • The information embedded into infographics should be easily readable. 
  • In terms of visualization, colors should be consistent with each other.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Remzi,

    I like your instructional design principles which are pretty similar to mine. I am curious about in what situation you think infographics can be used as educational materials? In the subject area you taught before, what concepts/topics you think you can perfectly utilize infographics in your teaching?

    ReplyDelete