Hi,
Our team was working on the first grade teacher's uses of play-based method to facilitate students' transaction from kindergarten to first grade. However, we did not access enough teachers to interview. Therefore, with the recommendation of Dr. Glazewski, we have decided to focus on public speaking.
Job Aid Topic
Before the class on Monday, I has three topic on my job aids. First of them was "how to withdraw from an bank ATM?" Dr. Glazewski told me that this topic is not appropriate because everyone know how to withdraw. The second one was "how to effectively use body language during public speaking?" This topic is so broad. There are many kinds of body language to use within public speaking so I am not going to use this topic, either. The last one was "how to format a harddrive?" Dr. Glazewski more like this topic and she recommended me to enhance the topic with some additional points. Regarding her recommendation, I will also add "how to create partitions" to my topic. I hope I will achieve a good job with my job aids.
Thanks,
Best,
Remzi
Hi Remzi,
ReplyDeleteBy the looks of the issue your team came across for your final project, it makes sense to me why your team chose a different topic. One of the most critical components of instructional design is the gap analysis, and if your team had a difficult time collecting data from the SMEs the final product would have been almost impossible to create. I think your team is directed in the right direction!
Concerning the job aid assignment, I think choosing the appropriate text will be your biggest challenge. Since learners can range from someone who already has basic knowledge of formatting computers, to someone like me, who has no idea how to format a hard drive, you will have to be consciously aware of how to select your text. I am excited to see how your job aid will turn out! Thanks for sharing!
Minae