Monday, February 4, 2013

Lynda.com

Hi,

I have been visiting lynda.com for years. When I was an undergraduate student in Turkey, some of my friends and I was using some licensed lynda videos to improve our skills of uses some software, such as Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, and Autocad. After I came here, I took some courses on Adobe Photoshop form IT Training Service in Herman Wells Library. Someone taught us how to effectively use Photoshop. They used the infromation from lynda.com. Therefore, I really used to visit lynda.com.

These days, I started visiting lynda.com to watch videos about statistics. I tranferred Y502 course from my master. This course is about foundational statistics. I want to study the terms that I have learned before. I watched some videos from lynda.com. I think it will be very useful and helpful for me to repeat everything. The best thing that I have realized about lynda.com videos is that they provide us some documents to follow videos and doing practice while watching the videos.

Best,

Remzi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Remzi,

    I am envious of your experience with these programs - they are definitely going to come in handy for this course and working in the IST field! How do you think you'll use some of these programs and skills in the development of the final project in this course? Flash could be really good if you're going to imbed video, etc. What other programs do you think you will need to become familiar with for this project?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remzi,

    I had not idea that Lynda.com had tutorials on statistics -- I have always just used it for software application instruction. Stats is definitely and area that I could use some help with -- thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,

    You are welcome. :) Yes, it has tutorials and they are very useful. I think that lynda.com is one of the best sites I have ever visited. You can find tutorials about any software or programs. I hope it will help you too.

    Remzi

    ReplyDelete